Dow Corning Corp. today announced fourth quarter 2013 sales of $1.59 billion, an increase of 7 percent over 2012, and net income of $110 million. Adjusted net income in the fourth quarter was $103 million, an increase of 50 percent compared with the fourth quarter of 2012. For the year, Dow Corning’s sales were $5.71 billion, a decrease of 7 percent compared to 2012, and net income was $376 million. Adjusted net income for 2013 was $304 million, a decrease of 10 percent from 2012.
Adjusted net income for both 2013 and 2012 excluded gains from long term sales agreements, restructuring expenses and charges for impaired assets. Additionally, adjusted net income for 2013 excluded a gain from a favorable derivative contract.
Additional information about Dow Corning’s financial results:
Fourth Quarter Results
- Sales were $1.59 billion, 7 percent higher than last year’s fourth quarter.
- Pricing pressure continued to limit margins in Dow Corning’s Silicones segment.
- Polysilicon segment performance increased as customers purchased high volumes to meet contractual requirements.
- Sales were $5.71 billion, 7 percent lower than last year.
- Adjusted net income was $304 million, 10 percent lower than last year.
|Q4 2013||Q4 2012||% Change||2013||2012||% Change|
|Sales (in billions)||$||1.59||$||1.48||7||%||$||5.71||$||6.12||-7||%|
|Net income (in millions)||$||110||$||(101||)||209||%||$||376||$||188||100||%|
|Adjusted net income* (in millions)||$||103||$||69||50||%||$||304||$||338||-10||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV