Dow Corning Corp. today announced fourth quarter 2013 sales of $1.59 billion, an increase of 7 percent over 2012, and net income of $110 million. Adjusted net income in the fourth quarter was $103 million, an increase of 50 percent compared with the fourth quarter of 2012. For the year, Dow Corning’s sales were $5.71 billion, a decrease of 7 percent compared to 2012, and net income was $376 million. Adjusted net income for 2013 was $304 million, a decrease of 10 percent from 2012.
Adjusted net income for both 2013 and 2012 excluded gains from long term sales agreements, restructuring expenses and charges for impaired assets. Additionally, adjusted net income for 2013 excluded a gain from a favorable derivative contract.
Additional information about Dow Corning’s financial results:
Fourth Quarter Results
- Sales were $1.59 billion, 7 percent higher than last year’s fourth quarter.
- Pricing pressure continued to limit margins in Dow Corning’s Silicones segment.
- Polysilicon segment performance increased as customers purchased high volumes to meet contractual requirements.
- Sales were $5.71 billion, 7 percent lower than last year.
- Adjusted net income was $304 million, 10 percent lower than last year.
|Q4 2013||Q4 2012||% Change||2013||2012||% Change|
|Sales (in billions)||$||1.59||$||1.48||7||%||$||5.71||$||6.12||-7||%|
|Net income (in millions)||$||110||$||(101||)||209||%||$||376||$||188||100||%|
|Adjusted net income* (in millions)||$||103||$||69||50||%||$||304||$||338||-10||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV