LIN Media LLC (“LIN Media” or the “Company”; NYSE: LIN), a local multimedia company, today reported results for its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013.
Summary of Results for the Fourth Quarter Ended December 31, 2013
- Net revenues decreased 6% to $183.9 million compared to $196.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net political revenues were $2.9 million compared to $45.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Local revenues, which include net local advertising revenues, retransmission consent fee revenues and television station website revenues, increased 14% to $115.8 million compared to $101.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net national revenues increased 10% to $36 million compared to $32.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Interactive revenues, which include revenues from LIN Digital, Nami Media, Inc., Dedicated Media, Inc. and HYFN, Inc., increased 107% to $26.5 million compared to $12.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Operating income decreased 61% to $28 million compared to $71.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net income per diluted share was $0.08 compared to a net loss per diluted share of $(1.09) in the fourth quarter of 2012, which included a charge for special items of $1.66 per share.
Summary of Results for the Full Year Ended December 31, 2013
- Net revenues increased 18% to $652.4 million compared to $553.5 million in 2012.
- Net political revenues were $7.6 million compared to $76.5 million in 2012.
- Local revenues increased 35% to $427.8 million compared to $316.5 million in 2012.
- Net national revenues increased 22% to $130.9 million compared to $107.3 million in 2012.
- Interactive revenues increased 85% to $75.9 million compared to $41.1 million in 2012.
- Operating income decreased 47% to $89.9 million compared to $171.1 million in 2012.
- Net income per diluted share was $2.84, which includes a $2.56 per share benefit from special items, compared to a net loss per diluted share of $(0.13) in 2012, which included a charge of $1.63 per share.
Commenting on fourth quarter and full year 2013 results, the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer Vincent L. Sadusky said: “Significant growth of our digital media business and pay TV subscriber fees helped offset comparisons to the prior year when we earned record political revenues. Excluding political revenues, we increased net revenues by 20% in the fourth quarter and 35% for the full year. Looking ahead, we are confident in the evolution of our company and our ability to capitalize on our recent acquisitions, this year's non-presidential elections and the winter Olympics. We are particularly excited about expanding our digital media portfolio with Federated Media, which is the largest digital acquisition in our company’s history."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts