WHITE PLAINS, NY, Feb. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ:FSC) ("Fifth Street" or "we") announces its financial results for the first fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2013.
First Fiscal Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Net investment income for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 was $36.2 million or $0.26 per share, as compared to $28.7 million or $0.24 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2013;
- Net asset value per share was $9.85 as of December 31, 2013, unchanged from September 30, 2013;
- Net realized and unrealized losses for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 were $2.5 million or $0.02 per share, as compared to $2.6 million or $0.02 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2013;
- We closed a record $912.7 million of new investments, $645.5 million of which were funded at close; and
- No investments were on non-accrual status as of December 31, 2013.
Calendar Year 2014 Dividend DeclarationsTo date, our Board of Directors has declared monthly dividends, which reflect a $1.00 per share annual run rate, for calendar year 2014 as follows:
- $0.0833 per share, which was paid on January 31, 2014 to stockholders of record on January 15, 2014;
- $0.0833 per share, payable on February 28, 2014 to stockholders of record on February 14, 2014;
- $0.0833 per share, payable on March 31, 2014 to stockholders of record on March 14, 2014;
- $0.0833 per share, payable on April 30, 2014 to stockholders of record on April 15, 2014; and
- $0.0833 per share, payable on May 30, 2014 to stockholders of record on May 15, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV