- Sales of $797.5 million in the quarter increased $44.3 million, or 5.9%, from 2012 levels; excluding $15.2 million of sales from the May 2013 acquisition of Challenger Lifts, Inc. (“Challenger”) and $5.3 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 4.6%.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $123.6 million, or 15.5% of sales, in the quarter compares with $111.4 million, or 14.8% of sales, last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $33.0 million in the quarter increased $3.7 million, or 12.6%, from 2012 levels.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $156.6 million, or 18.5% of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue), in the quarter increased from $140.7 million, or 17.7% of revenues, last year.
- Net earnings of $94.5 million, or $1.60 per diluted share, for the quarter compares with net earnings of $84.6 million, or $1.43 per diluted share, a year ago.
- Full year 2013 sales of $3.1 billion increased 4.0% from 2012 levels; excluding $39.3 million of sales from the Challenger acquisition and $21.6 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 3.5%. Full year 2013 net earnings of $350.3 million, or $5.93 per diluted share, compares with 2012 net earnings of $306.1 million, or $5.20 per diluted share.
Snap-on Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts