CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ExploreLearning, a member of Cambium Learning ® Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD), announced that students have now answered more than 4 billion math facts on ExploreLearning Reflex ® while making substantial gains on standardized assessments.
Reflex, a game-based math fact fluency solution, helps students gain quick and effortless recall of basic math facts in all four operations. Extensive research has shown that math fact fluency is an essential pillar of elementary mathematics and that students who do not master these basics will often go on to struggle in middle school math and beyond.
Recent studies reveal the positive impact Reflex has on student test scores and pass rates in math. Across multiple grade levels and assessments, students who use Reflex are scoring higher and growing faster than their peers. In three separate case studies done with second, fourth, and sixth grade students, Reflex usage had a strong impact on student scores on state and national math tests.Findings from the studies showed:
- Students who regularly used Reflex during their second grade year gained an average of 18.7 percentile points on the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) math test, compared with a 1.9 point gain for those with little to no use over the same period.
- Grade 4 students with high Reflex usage increased their state math test pass rate by 22.5 percentage points compared with their prior year performance as third graders. This gain was more than double the state average change of 10 points.
- Grade 6 students who used Reflex extensively achieved approximately 1.5 years' worth of growth on the MAP test in just four months, and 94 percent passed their state math assessment, up from 50 percent in the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV