PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics have cost more than $50 billion, are being held in a highly disputed portion of Russia's Caucasus region and have drawn attention to Russia's record of corruption, its civil rights offenses against its LGBT community and Vladamir Putin's regime in general.
Sponsors must be psyched about this, huh?
With companies spending $100 million just to be a Worldwide Olympic Partner and an additional $300 million to $400 million on product launches and marketing tailored to the event, getting a return on investment this year is going to require a whole lot of gritted teeth and faked smiles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV