LOUISVILLE, Ky., Feb. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (NYSE MKT:NLP) – NTS Realty Holdings Limited Partnership (the "Company", "we", "us" or "our"), together with the other defendants in the class action lawsuit described below, entered into a Stipulation and Agreement of Compromise, Settlement and Release (the "Settlement") on February 4, 2014 with the plaintiffs in the class action (the "Kentucky Action") captioned , Stephen J. Dannis, et al. v. J.D. Nichols, et al., Case No. 13-CI-00452, pending in Jefferson County Circuit Court of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (the "Court") against the Company, NTS Realty Capital, Inc., our managing general partner ("Realty Capital"), each of the members of the board of directors of Realty Capital, NTS Realty Partners, LLC and NTS Merger Parent, LLC ("Parent"). The Company announced today that on February 5, 2014, the Court entered an order granting its preliminary approval of the Settlement.
Subject to satisfaction of the conditions set forth in the Settlement, the Settlement provides for the full and complete compromise, settlement, release and dismissal of the Kentucky Action as well as the class action lawsuit pending in the Delaware Court of Chancery under the consolidated case caption of In re NTS Realty Holdings Limited Partnership Unitholders Litigation, Consol. C.A. No. 8302-VCP (the "Delaware Action" and with the Kentucky Action, the "Actions").
Under the Settlement, it is expected that: (1) NTS Merger Sub, LLC ("Merger Sub") will merge with and into the Company pursuant to the terms of a merger agreement (the "Merger Agreement") to be entered into among the Company, Parent, Merger Sub and Realty Capital; and (2) as consideration for the settlement and release of the claims asserted in the Actions, at the closing of the merger, all of our limited partnership units ("Units"), other than those Units owned by our founder and the Chairman of Realty Capital, J.D. Nichols, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Realty Capital, Brian F. Lavin, and certain of their affiliates (collectively, the "Purchasers"), will be canceled and converted automatically into the right to receive a cash payment equal to (i) $7.50 per Unit, plus (ii) a pro rata share of the settlement payment of $7,401,487 less fees, expenses and an incentive award payable to plaintiffs' counsel, if any, as awarded by the Court. The cash payment will not be due or owing under the Settlement, however, until, among other things, the Court has finally certified the members of the class action; the Court, after holding a hearing, has entered its order and final judgment approving the material terms of the Settlement and such judgment shall have become final and non-appealable; the Court has approved various releases among the plaintiffs, class members and defendants (the "Releases"); orders dismissing the Kentucky Action and the Delaware Action with prejudice have become final and are no longer subject to appeal; and the merger has become effective.The Settlement is conditioned upon the fulfillment of certain conditions including, among others, the following:
- Plaintiffs' determination, following completion of confirmatory discovery (which discovery was completed on January 30, 2014), that the Settlement is fair, reasonable and adequate (plaintiffs are to make this determination and provide notice to all parties by February 10, 2014);
- Plaintiffs' approval of the form of the final information statement to be issued by the Company and certain other defendants relating to the merger;
- the approval of the merger by the holders of a majority of the Units of the Company;
- the Purchasers agreeing and committing to vote in favor of the approval of the merger;
- dismissal with prejudice of the Kentucky Action and Delaware Action;
- the entry of a final judgment in the Kentucky Action approving the proposed Settlement and providing the dismissal with prejudice of the Kentucky Action and approving the grant of the Releases;
- the inclusion in the final judgment of the Actions a provision enjoining all members of the class from asserting any of the settled claims; and
- such final judgment and dismissal of the Actions being finally affirmed on appeal or such final judgment and dismissal not being subject to appeal by lapse of time or otherwise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV