- Book value was $10.56 per diluted common share, representing a 4.5% (2) return on book value, after accounting for a dividend of $0.26 per share.
- Delivered Comprehensive Income of $171.4 million, or $0.47 per diluted weighted average common share. Comprehensive Income for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $327.3 million, a return on average equity of 8.5%, or $0.93 per diluted weighted average common share.
- Reported Core Earnings of $76.4 million, or $0.21 per diluted weighted average common share.
- Generated an aggregate yield of 4.3% in the portfolio, driven primarily by Agency RMBS, Agency Derivatives and MSR yield of 3.2%.
- Completed a bulk acquisition of MSR from Flagstar Bank, FSB (Flagstar), a subsidiary of Flagstar Bancorp, Inc., and initiated a flow sale arrangement with PHH Mortgage Corporation (PHH) to acquire MSR on newly originated residential mortgage loans.
- Announced that TH Insurance Holdings Company LLC (TH Insurance), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, was approved for membership in the Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines (FHLB), providing a diversified funding source and increased portfolio flexibility through a variety of products and services provided by the FHLB.
Two Harbors Investment Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.