Blue Capital Reinsurance Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:BCRH) (the “Company”), a newly-formed Bermuda holding company that offers collateralized reinsurance in the property catastrophe market and invests in various insurance-linked securities, today reported its financial results for 2013. The Company was formed on June 24, 2013 and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on November 6, 2013.
The Company’s book value per common share (BVPCS) was $19.80 at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $0.20 from its initial public offering price. The Company’s net loss for the period from June 24, 2013 to December 31, 2013 was $0.7 million ($0.31 per average common share).
The table below presents the components of the Company’s 2013 activities:
|Amount in||Impact per share|
Period from June 24, 2013 to December 31, 2013
|Issuance of common shares||175.0||-||20.00|
|Common share issuance costs||(1.0||)||-||(0.12||)|
Net change in our common shareholders' equity
Denominators (average and ending common shares, respectively, in thousands)
The Company initially retained $14 million of the $174 million of total offering proceeds raised which will be used to fund its anticipated cash obligations, including its first three regular quarterly dividend payments, for the initial year of its operations. The Company expects to deploy substantially all of the $160 million of remaining net proceeds during 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV