Prudential Financial (PRU) Lags In Post-Market Trading
- PRU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $203.7 million.
- PRU is down 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRU: Prudential Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both individual and institutional customers in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Prudential Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Prudential Financial has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Prudential Financial has a market cap of $37.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are down 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prudential Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 278.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$584.00 million to $1,042.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 253.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.88% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- 37.09% is the gross profit margin for PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.19% is above that of the industry average.
- PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $1.01 versus $6.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.72 versus $1.01).
- PRU, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV