NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ExOne (XONE) tumbled 11.43% to $39.61, down $5.11 from its previous close of $44.72, at the close of the trading day on Wednesday after 3D Systems (DDD) significantly lowered its profit estimates for 2013, which again brought about fears of a bubble in the 3D printing industry.
3D Systems lowered its estimates to a range of 83 to 87 cents a share from a range of 93 cents to $1.03 a share. It cited greater spending on research, manufacturing and marketing as the reasons for the reduction. The company also forecast guidance for 2014 that was less than analysts' estimates.
ExOne's stock hit a low of $37.80 on Wednesday. It had a volume of 1,390,503, more than double its average of 690,032.
For more on 3D Systems, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV