Time Warner Cable in partnership with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23. Time Warner Cable’s video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, subscribers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations. Time Warner Cable is also making it easier for customers to enjoy Olympics coverage in HD by grouping the networks across its footprint on channels 1465-1469. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for “TV Everywhere,” helping to drive awareness and usage.
“We are excited to bring our customers NBCUniversal’s 1,500+ hours of unprecedented multiplatform coverage of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics” said Mike Angus, SVP & GM, Video for Time Warner Cable. “Access via Time Warner Cable HD, on demand, and high speed Internet services maximizes the NBCUniversal Olympic viewing experience for our subscribers.”
The following multiplatform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Time Warner Cable customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs/Macs, and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Time Warner Cable Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com : NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a Standard TV package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who log-in to the site. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Customers can easily verify their subscriptions by logging in with their TWC username and password and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers, who log in and verify their subscriptions by February 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Time Warner Cable’s video customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
|2.||Click the “Verify Now” button|
|3.||Select Time Warner Cable from the provider list.|
Enter the username and password that corresponds with your account. (If you don’t have one, please go to twc.com/account to create a TWC ID.
Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified Time Warner Cable customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Time Warner Cable’s Video-On-Demand service. Pre-Games: Beginning now, viewers can access more than 100 pre-Games clips in HD via set-top box, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials. In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called “ Olympic Ice.” Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 350 highlight clips and 150 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an event’s completion, all in HD, available both via NBCOlympics.com and set-top box.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV