The Most Ridiculous Super Bowl Ad of The Year
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Super Bowl had plenty of ridiculous ads in 2014. We had Tim Tebow throwing footballs on the moon, a Full House reunion and a new breed of mutant dog that would strike fear into the hearts of most people.
But perhaps the weirdest and most ridiculous commercial of all was one that did not even air everywhere in the U.S. during the big game. That honor goes to Jamie Casino, a Georgian personal injury attorney who wrote, directed and starred in his own two-minute Super Bowl commercial that aired locally during halftime last Sunday.
The commercial, which as of this writing has more than 4.1 million views on YouTube, plays like a trailer for AMC's upcoming Breaking Bad Saul Goodman spinoff series, Better Call Saul. It contains flaming hammers, shattered tombstones and actors playing cops. It even starts off with a quote from the Bible, specifically Proverbs 31:8 which reads, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed."
But for all the ridiculous, Steven Seagal-level acting in this video, there's some heart to it, as well. Casino states in the commercial that he decided to adjust his career after his brother, Michael, and a friend were killed on Labor Day 2012. So amid the walls of fire, hard rock soundtrack and talking newspapers is a tribute to his late brother, which is as good a reason as any to make the commercial.Check it out below, and be sure to check out our list of 8 Most Ridiculous Super Bowl Ads of 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV