DALLAS, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Valentine's Day makes us reflect upon our relationships – the good, the bad and the weird – and the experts at Hotels.com® have done just that for the relationships American travelers have with the most popular U.S. cities. Each city has its own unique personality that shines through just like the characteristics we look for in a soul mate. Here's how Americans rate the 'Cities We Love':
- Most Charming: San Francisco, the seventh most popular domestic destination for Americans according to the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™ (HPI™), slightly edged out New Orleans to claim the title of "Most Charming".
- Most Likely to Settle Down: Opinions varied much more when it came to settling down with a city. Asked which city they could live in until death do them part, most respondents selected San Diego, Denver and Seattle, but no destination clearly came ahead of the pack.
- Not Meeting the Parents: Americans were fairly decisive when asked which city they would most hesitate to bring home to their parents. Las Vegas, which attracts more Americans than any other U.S. city according to the HPI, beat out New Orleans, Miami and New York by a landslide.
- Hardest to Break Up With: However, that doesn't make leaving Las Vegas any easier, as it was picked as one of the hardest cities to break up with. San Francisco, New York and Denver were also among the most popular responses.
- Needs Love: New Orleans joined Northeast destinations New York, Philadelphia and Washington, DC as cities that need the most love.
About the Survey: Conducted by Google Consumer Surveys between January 25 – 31, 2014. Each question sampled at least 1,200 unique, randomly sampled internet users across the Google Consumer Surveys publisher network.Press contacts: Pat Burek – Finn Partners for Hotels.comPhone: (212) 715-1542Email: Patrick.Burek@FinnPartners.com @FinnPartners Emily Zazado – Hotels.com North America Public RelationsPhone: (469) 335 1131Email: email@example.com @Hotelsdotcom About Hotels.com ® Hotels.com is a leading online accommodation booking brand. Through the Expedia, Inc. global network of websites, Hotels.com, LP connects travelers with more than 240,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com, LP benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, obtaining the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 10 million genuine Guest Reviews on the websites from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through Hotels.com, LP's industry-leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards ®, customers can earn a free* night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 90,000 hotels. Under its Best Price Guarantee †, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com, LP will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Hotels.comUS, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcom and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. Hotels.com, LP is part of Expedia, Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world's best-known brands. Hotels.com, Hotel Price Index, HPI, Finding You The Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2014 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50 *Your free night is good at any Welcome Rewards eligible property. The maximum value of your free night is the average daily rate of your ten (10) nights. Your free night does not include taxes and fees. † Best Price Guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a lower price on exactly the same stay elsewhere, we'll match it or let you cancel your booking without a penalty. Terms and conditions apply. SOURCE Hotels.com