In its fiscal third quarter Tidewater reported earnings of $1.01 a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of $1.11 a share for the quarter. The company posted revenue of $365.3 million for the quarter that ended in December, compared to analyst expectations of $374 million.
The company's net earnings include a non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $56.3 million, which is part of Tidewater's annual goodwill impairment assessment.
- TDW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TIDEWATER INC has improved earnings per share by 31.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TIDEWATER INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.04 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $3.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 31.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $41.36 million to $54.17 million.
- 44.74% is the gross profit margin for TIDEWATER INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.72% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TDW Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts