Jared Woodard Trade YUM: Hungry for Emerging Markets Exposure
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
If you're inclined to start dipping into some names where the market decline has pushed prices too low, one approach to take is to look for U.S. stocks that have high exposure to sales in emerging markets.
Yum! Brands (YUM) is one such candidate. About 60% of YUM sales come from emerging markets, according to data from BofA Merrill Lynch, and the stock is reportedly under-owned by large cap U.S. mutual funds. On Monday, the company announced that it beat quarterly earnings estimates, and the stock closed up nearly 9% on Tuesday. Jim and Stephanie have a great review of the fundamentals posted at AAP.
Option volume was 330% the daily average on Tuesday (nearly 54,000 contracts traded) as traders piled into calls, buying 560,000 in net deltas. Option implied volatility dropped post-earnings, but March and April IV actually rose about a full percentage point between the open and the close.
If we take out earnings jumps, the one month realized volatility in YUM tends to be around 20%-25%. March and April options are priced around those levels, so I think prices are fair here. But if analysts do start raising estimates, broad market sentiment improves, and the stock multiple catches up with the sector average, we should see higher prices in the coming months.
Trades: Buy to open YUM April $72.50 calls for $2.62 and sell to open YUM April $77.50 calls at $0.83. OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV