Shannon O’Neill, who has been central to the strategic evolution and development of Travel Channel, has been named president of the network.
Shannon O'Neill has been named the new president of Travel Channel by Scripps Networks Interactive. (Photo: Business Wire)
O’Neill takes the helm after serving three years as Travel Channel’s senior vice president and chief financial officer. He was appointed today to the top leadership role by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (NYSE: SNI), Travel Channel’s controlling and majority owner.
As Travel Channel president, O’Neill will be responsible for furthering the network’s ongoing transformation into a powerhouse lifestyle media brand.
Travel Channel, which reaches more than 96 million U.S. television households, is one of three fully distributed television networks owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, a leader in developing lifestyle programming for television, the Internet and mobile platforms. The company also owns and operates HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country.O’Neill will report to Burton Jablin, president of the company’s Scripps Networks operating division. His appointment is effective immediately. “Shannon is an outstanding leader and strategic thinker with extensive experience creating new media businesses, building audiences and growing revenues,” Jablin said. “His mission as president of Travel Channel will be to deliver programming that embraces and celebrates travel as a video content category, while increasing the network’s audience profile of upscale, educated and highly valued viewers.” In his role as senior vice president and chief financial officer for the network, O’Neill has led strategic planning and core financial reporting and provided analysis and insight into the network’s overall performance. He also has been leading Travel Channel’s digital strategy and operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV