EDMONTON, Feb. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Sport Chek ( @SportChek) opened its 80,000 square foot Sport Chek/Atmosphere store that provides consumers with access to world leading digital technology, an unparalleled array of leading brands and products, and a personalized shopping experience that connects consumers to the sports they are passionate about.
800 screens populated by 220 channels that display product images and
deals, store-wide anthems, and community walls filled with local sports
- 470 individual screens
- 250 computers
- 25 large format tabs
- 80 tablets
- Over 1,200 square feet of digital projection
- 250 staff will use digital installations, interactive technology and product displays featuring the best brands to provide detailed and personalized service to customers.
Quotes:"Our new flagship store in West Edmonton Mall is the most digitally advanced and personalized retail experience in the world," said Michael Medline, President of Canadian Tire Corporation. "We have created an energy filled experience for anyone who is passionate about a great customer experience and shopping for an unparalleled array of sporting goods." See Michael Medline and Duncan Fulton, CMO of FGL Sports and Mark's, talk about the new store here. "We are very excited to be working with Sport Chek on their first flagship store. As the provider of their content management system, we understand the innovation and hard work that goes into tackling many in-store technological 'firsts'", said Chris Riegel, CEO, STRATACACHE. "Digital is the next step for retail. Sport Chek understands this and with the opening of the flagship store has proven they can lead it." To highlight the interactive, personalized features of the flagship store for Canadians across the country, Sport Chek partnered with Lewis Hilsenteger of Unbox Therapy to create 'The World's Largest Unboxing Video' where the most digitally-advanced in-store features will be unveiled to his over 700,000 subscribers. To watch the video, click here. About FGL Sports FGL Sports Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products and operating more than 400 stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Atmosphere, National Sports, Intersport, Nevada Bob's Golf, Hockey Experts, the Tech Shop, Pro-Hockey Life and S3. FGL Sports also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.FGLSports.com. SOURCE FGL Sports Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV