1. As of noon trading, AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) is up $0.92 (0.7%) to $125.88 on average volume. Thus far, 564,453 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 896,300 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $124.24-$125.98 after having opened the day at $124.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $124.96. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. AvalonBay Communities has a market cap of $16.0 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 5.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts who rate AvalonBay Communities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Get the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts