4. As of noon trading, Shire ( SHPG) is up $2.45 (1.7%) to $150.26 on average volume. Thus far, 312,790 shares of Shire exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 424,300 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $149.88-$151.35 after having opened the day at $151.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $147.81. Shire plc, a biopharmaceutical company, researches, develops, manufactures, sells, and distributes pharmaceutical products. It operates in three segments: Specialty Pharmaceuticals (SP), Human Genetic Therapies (HGT), and Regenerative Medicine (RM). Shire has a market cap of $27.4 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 3.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts who rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Shire as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Shire Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts