Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Some companies can change their stripes, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" Thursday. Companies can improve their business for the better, making shareholders a ton of money in the process.
Case in point: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), which saw its shares soar on the news that Coca-Cola (KO) is taking a 10% stake in the firm and introducing a new soda machine to take aim at SodaStream (SODA).
Then there's American Airlines (AAL), a company that was bleeding red ink not too long ago but now has transformed itself to a fixture on the 52-week high list. AOL (AOL) is another reinvention story -- that company is now throwing off a ton of cash, controlling expenses and aggressively buying back shares.Cramer called out Facebook (FB) and Walt Disney (DIS) as two more transformation stories. Facebook made a successful move into mobile, while Disney is now an entertainment powerhouse with the additions of Pixar, Marvel and, most recently, Lucas Films. The market wants growth, Cramer concluded, and whether it stems from splitting up, making acquisitions or reinventing yourself with new products, shareholders will be the big beneficiaries.
Executive Decision: Dustan McCoyFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Dustan McCoy, chairman and CEO of Brunswick (BC), the boat and billiard maker that just delivered a two-cents-a-share earnings beat on an 8.6% rise in revenue. Shares of Brunswick are up 97% since Cramer first featured the company two years ago. McCoy said Brunswick is actually home to many great brands, and the company lets all of its brands have their own identity and stand on their own. He said many consumers probably don't even know that Brunswick is a major player in boats, billiards, bowling and fitness products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV