The organic and health foods company recorded quarterly net income of 87 cents a share, meeting expectations of analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
However, the Lake Success, NY.-based business fell slightly short on the top line. Revenue of $535 million was 17.6% higher year-over-year but missed consensus by $2 million.
Taking into account recently-acquired rice producer Tilda Limited, management has updated its guidance for full year 2014.The company now expects full-year sales between $2.115 billion and $2.145 billion, 22% to 24% higher than fiscal 2013. Per-share earnings are expected in the range of $3.07 to $3.15. Analysts forecast earnings of $3.11 a share on $2.14 billion in revenue. TheStreet Ratings team rates HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC (HAIN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HAIN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV