The freight and logistics company reported quarterly net income of 62 cents a share, 6 cents short of consensus according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue of $3.15 billion fell below expectations of $3.27 billion.
By segment, truckload net revenues dropped 5.6% from the year-ago quarter, while truckload volumes increased 7%. Intermodal net revenue, meaning goods moved in a container via multiple modes of transport, increased 9.4% due to increased revenue margin. Ocean and air transportation net revenues jumped 37.6% and 12.8%, respectively.
For the full year ended December, earnings of $2.65 a share missed consensus by 6 cents. Revenue of $12.75 billion jumped 12% year-over-year, but fell short of expectations by $117 million.By late morning, shares had plummeted 9.4% to $53.12. TheStreet Ratings team rates C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC (CHRW) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHRW Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV