Heavy Volume And Pre-Market Movement For Statoil ASA (STO)
- STO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.5 million.
- STO traded 151,426 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:12 AM, representing 13.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STO: Statoil ASA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, refining, and marketing of petroleum and petroleum-derived products in Norway and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. STO has a PE ratio of 7.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Statoil ASA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Statoil ASA has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Statoil ASA has a market cap of $75.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Statoil ASA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 38.76% is the gross profit margin for STATOIL ASA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.66% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $6,789.66 million or 3.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.35%.
- STO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.03 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.