MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Heart disease affects all of us, either directly or indirectly. It is the leading cause of death in the United States. In an effort to make a positive difference in women's heart health, Progresso Heart Healthy soup is launching "The Heart Project," in support of Mayo Clinic. The Heart Project is designed to inspire people to learn the facts, take action regarding their heart health, and spread the word with others during February for heart health month.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65484-general-mills-progresso-heart-project-mayo-clinic-heart-health-month
The Heart Project site— www.theheartproject.com—hosted by Progresso with content from Mayo Clinic, will encourage people to take the Heart Health Quiz. The quiz offers tools and information to educate them on the disease while sharing tips and ideas to help lower one's risk of heart disease. Those who take the quiz are encouraged to share the information with a friend or loved one and start a conversation about heart disease.
"Heart disease is the nation's number one cause of death for both men and women," said Dr. Sharon Mulvagh, director of the Women's Heart Clinic at Mayo Clinic. "What's most astonishing is that almost 80 percent of heart disease is preventable, and even small lifestyle changes can have a big impact. Making a difference in your heart health is easier and more enjoyable than you may think."Facts*
- Heart disease kills more people every year than all forms of cancer combined
- Only 3 percent of Americans practice all four primary behaviors recommended for heart health; not smoking, healthy weight, diet rich in fruits and vegetables, and exercising regularly
- 64 percent of women who've had a heart attack showed no symptoms of heart disease before the attack
- More than six hundred thousand Americans die from heart disease each year; and 1.2 million Americans suffer from heart attacks
- One in three adults is diagnosed with heart disease
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts