- Company Declaring Quarterly Dividend of $0.50 per share
- New Customers Accounted for 36% of Bookings in Q3
- 38 ZBVs booked in the Quarter — 700 booked to-date
BILLERICA, Mass., Feb. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASEI) ("AS&E"), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, today reports its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2014 ended December 31, 2013. The Company is reporting revenues of $37.8 million as compared with revenues of $50.8 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, net income of $1.6 million as compared with net income of $6.1 million for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, and earnings per share of $0.20 as compared with earnings per share of $0.73 for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013.
For the first nine months of fiscal year 2014 ended December 31, 2013, the Company is reporting revenues of $124.7 million compared with revenues of $144.4 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year, net income of $11.2 million compared with net income of $16.7 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year, and earnings per share of $1.41 compared with earnings per share of $1.95 for the prior fiscal year.
The Company is reporting $43.7 million in bookings for the third quarter of fiscal year 2014 and $119.4 million for the first nine months of fiscal year 2014. Backlog at December 31, 2013 was $180.9 million.Continuing with its dividend program started in August 2007, the Company is declaring a quarterly cash dividend of $0.50 per share, payable on March 3, 2014 to the holders of record at the close of business on February 18, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV