NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tableau Software (DATA) reported impressive fourth-quarter results after the bell Tuesday, and UBS noticed. The investment firm reiterated Tableau as a "buy" and upped its price target to $100 from $76.
"With impressive 82% y/y revenue growth in CY13, DATA was the 2nd fastest growing company in our universe last year -- and the setup for CY14 looks promising," wrote analyst Brent Thill in the report.
The enterprise software developer reported quarterly license revenue of $58 million, 71% of total revenue, a 93% year-over-year boost and a boon to future maintenance income. Maintenance revenue was double a year earlier at $23.4 million.
The Seattle-based firm posted per-share earnings of 20 cents for the December-ended quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected the company to break even. Revenue of $81.5 million was up 95% year-over-year and $14.5 million higher than analysts forecast.In pre-market trading, shares have exploded 14.3% to $90.75.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV