NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A day after celebrating record revenue over fiscal 2013, Sirius XM (SIRI) has received a spot of bad news. The satellite radio broadcaster has been downgraded by Wunderlich from "buy" to "hold." The ratings change is based on a valuation call on a $3.80 price target.
On Tuesday, the company achieved record revenue that rose 12% for the year to $3.8 billion and 12% for the December-ended fourth quarter to $1 billion.
Total sales exceeded analysts' full-year and fourth-quarter expectations of $3.78 billion and $981.9 million, respectively, according to Thomson Reuters estimates.
Management reiterated existing 2014 guidance of revenue of more than $4 billion and net subscriber additions totaling 1.25 million.TheStreet Ratings team rates SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC (SIRI) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIRI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV