PLANO, Texas, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on its offering of delicious pita and bagel chips, the Stacy's brand today introduced Stacy's Pretzel Thins – a new line of baked snacks that is sure to have pretzel lovers everywhere rejoicing. Combining a classic pretzel flavor with a thin and crispy texture, Stacy's Pretzel Thins offer a fun and tasty twist on everyday snacking. With the crunchiness and versatility of a cracker, the new snack pairs perfectly with gourmet cheeses or delectable spreads as a mid-day snack, or can be enjoyed on its own.
Stacy's Pretzel Thins are made using the time-honored approach of "the Stacy's way," including carefully selected high-quality ingredients such as sea salt and organic honey. They also contain no artificial colors or flavors and both varieties use expeller pressed sunflower oil, which contains 0g of trans-fat.
Now available in the deli section of grocery stores nationwide, the Stacy's Pretzel Thins line includes two flavors:
- Simply Naked ®: The unique taste of sea salt adds an elevated pretzel flavor to this variety. Enjoy on its own or pair with a hearty spread such as hummus or peanut butter.
- Honey Dijon: A kick of Dijon mustard is sweetened with organic honey in this variety, perfect when topped with a slice of cheese and a drizzle of pesto.
"The Stacy's brand prides itself on making unique, high-quality 'anytime' snacks that consumers can enjoy on its own or pair with their favorite dips and spreads," said Dave Skena, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "Our new line of Stacy's Pretzel Thins is of the highest quality and delivers great taste as a result. The uncompromising approach to quality may be the harder way but it's the better way."Stacy's Pretzel Thins are available in 7-oz bags for a suggested retail price of $3.99. About Stacy's Snacks Stacy's Snacks is one of the many brands that makes up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. In addition to Frito-Lay, PepsiCo business units include Pepsi-Cola, Quaker Foods, Gatorade and Tropicana. Learn more about the Stacy's brand online: www.stacyssnacks.com and www.facebook.com/stacyspitachips. About PepsiCo PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com. Follow PepsiCo:
- Twitter (@PepsiCo)
- PepsiCo Blogs
- PepsiCo Press Releases
- PepsiCo Multimedia
- PepsiCo Videos
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV