Today's Post-Market Laggard Is Nabors Industries (NBR)
- NBR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.6 million.
- NBR is down 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NBR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NBR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NBR: Nabors Industries Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a land drilling contractor in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. NBR has a PE ratio of 31.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Nabors Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nabors Industries has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nabors has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.98 and a short float of 3.9% with 2.80 days to cover. Shares are down 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nabors Industries as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 36.75% is the gross profit margin for NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -6.74% is in-line with the industry average.
- NBR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.69 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NBR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.65 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- NBR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 236.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $76.41 million to -$104.63 million.
- You can view the full Nabors Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.