The San Francisco-based company managed to increase fourth-quarter revenue 45% year-over-year to $32.1 million thanks to a 36% jump in active customers to 1.06 million. Net income of 6 cents a share beat expectations by 7 cents, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
Over fiscal 2013, per-share earnings of 27 cents exceeded consensus by a nickel, while revenue of $122.21 million beat forecasts by $1 million and 53% higher than total sales in 2012.
Sending shares lower, management forecast first-quarter and full-year 2014 guidance below Wall Street consensus.For the first quarter ending March, the company expects revenue between $33 million and $34 million, just shy of $34.16 million expected. A forecast net loss between 8 cents and 5 cents a share is well under expectations of a 7-cents-a-share profit. For full-year 2014, the company said revenue should be between $155 million and $160 million, while net income is expected in the range of 3 cents to 10 cents a share. Consensus was for 37 cents a share on $152.68 million in revenue. The company also announced it had purchased BlueKite, a Guatemala-based technology firm developing e-solutions for paying bills. Xoom acquired the software developer for around $15 million in cash and equity. After the bell, Xoom shares tumbled 11.1% to $25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV