NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN) slipped in extended trading Tuesday after posting second-quarter earnings which matched expectations. After the bell, shares dropped 7.1% to $84.50.
The organic and health foods company recorded quarterly net income of 87 cents a share, as expected by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue of $535 million was 17.6% higher year-over-year but fell short of consensus by $2 million.
Management updated its fiscal 2014 guidance to include sales generated by rice producer Tilda Limited, an acquisition which closed in mid-January.
Hain now expects full-year sales in the range of $2.115 billion to $2.145 billion, around 22% to 24% higher than in fiscal 2013. Per-share earnings are anticipated between $3.07 and $3.15. Analysts forecast earnings of $3.11 a share on $2.14 billion.TheStreet Ratings team rates HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC (HAIN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HAIN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV