Trade-Ideas: Genworth Financial (GNW) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- GNW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.9 million.
- GNW is up 3.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GNW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GNW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GNW: Genworth Financial, Inc., a global financial services company, provides life insurance, annuities, long term care insurance and mortgage insurance. The company has a PE ratio of 12.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Genworth Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Genworth Financial has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Genworth Financial has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 2.18 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.32 days to cover. Shares are down 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Genworth Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 320.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GNW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.56 versus $0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus $0.56).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 127.53% to $471.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -27.66%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts