Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ameriprise Financial (AMP) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ameriprise Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.4 million.
- AMP is up 3.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AMP: Ameriprise Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AMP has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ameriprise Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Ameriprise Financial has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ameriprise Financial has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.80 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.55 days to cover. Shares are down 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ameriprise Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 135.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 59.18% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 120.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $173.00 million to $382.00 million.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about AMP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV