Post-Market Laggard: CH Robinson Worldwide (CHRW)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified CH Robinson Worldwide (CHRW) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CH Robinson Worldwide as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CHRW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.6 million.
- CHRW is down 3.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHRW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHRW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CHRW: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., a third-party logistics company, provides freight transportation services and logistics solutions to companies in various industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. CHRW has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates CH Robinson Worldwide a buy, 8 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.The average volume for CH Robinson Worldwide has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CH Robinson Worldwide has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 10.9% with 8.58 days to cover. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CH Robinson Worldwide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CHRW's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.86 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.30 is sturdy.
- C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.66 versus $2.63 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 26.1% in earnings ($2.70 versus $3.66).
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, CHRW has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.20% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full CH Robinson Worldwide Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV