Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (NYSE: PCL) today announced a quarterly cash dividend of $0.44 per share. The dividend is payable on February 28, 2014, to shareholders of record as of February 14, 2014.
Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be characterized as long-term capital gain income primarily because the income generated by the sale of Plum Creek’s timber is considered long-term capital gain. As such, Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be taxed at a capital gain rate of 20 percent for most U.S. taxpayers.
Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the nation and the most geographically diverse, with approximately 6.8 million acres of timberlands in major timber producing regions of the United States and wood products manufacturing facilities in the Northwest. For more information, visit www.plumcreek.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV