The Chromecast is Google's answer to the Apple TV, or at least some of the features of the Apple TV. The small device makes it easy to stream music, movies, and TV shows from the Play Store, Netflix (NFLX), Hulu Plus, and others on the TV. It works with both Android and iOS devices, and after an initial setup is easy to use from any app.
The feature set of the Chromecast is currently rather limited, but there is a promise of more services supporting the device in the future. And it only costs $35, which is less than half the price of the Apple TV or the Roku 3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV