SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A General Dynamics C4 Systems-led team recently supported the successful critical design review of the Aviation Command and Control Subsystem (AC2S), a part of the U.S. Marine Corps' new Common Aviation Command and Control System (CAC2S). General Dynamics will now build four AC2S engineering development models (EDM) for integration into a CAC2S system for developmental testing and operational assessment. The first EDM was delivered to the Marine Corps in January 2014.
CAC2S provides Marine Corps operators with the unprecedented ability to share mission-critical voice, video, sensor and other command and control data during any mission. The data sub-system fuses sensor inputs from expeditionary radars, weapon systems, unmanned aerial vehicles and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance resources into a high-resolution, real-time display that forms a common operational picture for Marine Air-Ground Task Force commanders and their staffs. CAC2S will replace the legacy Marine Air Command and Control System.
Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics C4 Systems, said, "CAC2S will deliver a lighter, leaner and more effective aviation command-and-control system while reducing the overall systems inventory, sustainment and training costs associated with the Marine Corps' expeditionary missions."
For more information about General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), please visit www.gdc4s.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.SOURCE General Dynamics C4 Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV