Today, BioWare™ a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), and LucasArts announced the new Free-to-Play Star Wars: The Old Republic Digital Expansion, Galactic Starfighter, is now available to all gamers. Early access was previously granted to Subscribers and Preferred Status Players, but now everyone can jump right into the intense 12v12 Player-vs-Player (PvP) dogfighting combat. With no character level requirement, new players can jump into Galactic Starfighter and into battle quickly. Personalize your Starfighter to suit your play-style with a variety of unique customization options and join others in intense Star Wars space battles.
To celebrate the official launch of the new Digital Expansion, all players will be able to access Galactic Starfighter along with new gameplay being added today, including:
- New Gameplay Mode: Team Deathmatch – The goal is to destroy the most enemy players and acquire power-up items to turn the tide of battle.
- New Starfighter Role: The Bomber – Decimate enemies playing as the Bomber, featuring the strongest hull of any Starfighter, and launch proximity mines and automated drones to defend your team.
- New Tactical Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards – Join your friends to fight through a highly contested orbital shipyard with one of the most prolific warship manufacturing facilities in the galaxy. Available to players Level 15+, this new ‘Tactical Flashpoint’ is balanced for any type of group, comprised of any combination of the four class roles, ensuring you can get into the action quickly. Combat scenarios can change with each play-through and players can earn valuable rewards like the "KDY Orbital Lifter" mount, unique Starfighter Paint Jobs and more!
Plus, players who join Star Wars: The Old Republic will receive two Pilot Suits to customize their character further.
“Space combat is an iconic Star Wars experience that adds another level of excitement and immersion within The Old Republic universe,” said Jeff Hickman, Vice President, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “Galactic Starfighter shows that BioWare is committed to giving fans, new and old, the high quality Free-to-Play Star Wars experience.”Star Wars: The Old Republic is a Free-to-Play, award-winning MMO set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars movies. Players team up with friends online to fight in heroic battles between the Republic and Empire, exploring a galaxy of vibrant planets and experiencing visceral Star Wars combat. Now players can experience the complete storylines of the eight iconic Star Wars classes, all the way to Level 50 without having to pay a monthly fee. The Free-to-Play option complements the existing subscription offering, providing greater flexibility in how to experience Star Wars: The Old Republic. For more information on the Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/galactic-starfighter. Join the conversation by visiting the official Community Blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Twitch pages. For additional press assets, please visit http://info.ea.com. About LucasArts LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., is a leading publisher and developer of interactive entertainment worldwide. With development facilities in San Francisco and Singapore, LucasArts leverages the global skills, technology and resources of the Lucasfilm family of companies in addition to strategic partnerships with best-in-class external partners, to further the boundaries of interactive entertainment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV