Principal Financial Group ® has once again been named one of the 2014 “NAFE Top Companies for Executive Women” by the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), which honors American corporations that identify and promote successful women.
“ NAFE sees some good news from our analysis of companies where women succeed,” says Dr. Betty Spence, NAFE President. “Women at these companies are reaching a critical mass where they can support, sponsor, and advance their female colleagues, and as a result, we see a measurable increase in the number of women running operations. We expect this trend to continue.”
Compared with last year’s data:
- The percentage of women who are top earners at winning companies has grown to 28 percent in 2014 from 25 percent.
- The number of female corporate executives with profit and loss responsibility has increased from 19 percent to 22 percent
- Women in the Top Companies who are responsible for at least one billion dollars in revenue per year has increased from 23 percent to 26 percent.
- Sixty percent of the Top Companies now offer sponsorship programs compared with 42 percent in 2013.
“It’s always an honor to be recognized by a high-caliber organization like NAFE,” said Beth Raymond, vice president of human resources at The Principal ® . “We believe in the mission statement of NAFE and are equally supportive of women succeeding in their career goals to achieve financial security. That is why we appreciate NAFE recognizing our efforts by selecting us for this award again.”Profiles of the NAFE Top 50 Companies are published in the February/March issue of Working Mother and are also available online. For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter or on The Principal Blog. About NAFEThe National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), founded in 1972, serves 20,000 members nationwide with networking, tools and solutions to strengthen and grow their careers and businesses. Working Mother magazine publishes the annual NAFE Top Companies list. NAFE.com provides up-to-date information, community for women in business and access to member benefits. NAFE is a division of Working Mother Media, owned by the Bonnier Corporation. About the Principal Financial GroupThe Principal Financial Group ® (The Principal ®) 1 is a global investment management leader offering retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500 ®, the Principal Financial Group has $483.2 billion in assets under management 2 and serves some 19.4 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com. 1 “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group. 2 As of Dec. 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV