HopFed Bancorp Inc. Stock Upgraded (HFBC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for HOPFED BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.95%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, HFBC's net profit margin of 10.10% significantly trails the industry average.
- HOPFED BANCORP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HOPFED BANCORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.50 versus $0.38 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 14.0% in earnings ($0.43 versus $0.50).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 101.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts