Idexx Laboratories (IDXX) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Idexx Laboratories (IDXX) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Idexx Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IDXX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.2 million.
- IDXX has traded 78,416 shares today.
- IDXX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDXX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDXX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on IDXX: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes various products and services for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets worldwide. IDXX has a PE ratio of 33.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Idexx Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Idexx Laboratories has been 361,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Idexx has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 6.5% with 8.85 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Idexx Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 24.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IDEXX LABS INC has improved earnings per share by 13.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, IDEXX LABS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.17 versus $2.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.46 versus $3.17).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, IDEXX LABS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $79.73 million or 6.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -36.34%.
- The gross profit margin for IDEXX LABS INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.99%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.50% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Idexx Laboratories Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV