Update (9:55 a.m.): Updated with Tuesday market open information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jeffries upgraded Pfizer (PFE) to "buy" from "hold" and set a target price of $38. The firm believes that Palbociclib is under-appreciated and also notes that restructuring should increase operational efficiency and improve the tax structure.
The stock was rising 3.1% to $31.55 shortly after the market opened on Tuesday.
TheStreet Ratings team rates PFIZER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate PFIZER INC (PFE) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PFE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV