Deutsche Bank (DB): Heavy Pre-Market Activity
- DB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.4 million.
- DB traded 216,448 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:56 AM, representing 15.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DB: Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft provides investment, financial, and related products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. DB has a PE ratio of 152.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Deutsche Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Deutsche Bank has been 941,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Deutsche has a market cap of $51.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Deutsche Bank as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 84.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,000.06 million to $159.71 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DEUTSCHE BANK AG underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- DEUTSCHE BANK AG has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEUTSCHE BANK AG reported lower earnings of $0.24 versus $5.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.97 versus $0.24).
- DB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Deutsche Bank Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV