Oracle was gaining o.1% to $35.87 Tuesday.
The firm set a price target of $40 for Oracle, saying that it is slowly shifting from margin expansion to growth.
-------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ORACLE CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ORACLE CORP (ORCL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ORACLE CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ORACLE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $1.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.93 versus $2.26).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ORACLE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORACLE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 83.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.52% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ORCL Ratings Report