The Windthorst-2 wind power project in Windthorst, Texas, is expected to commence commercial operation in fall 2014. With 28 Siemens 2.3-MW wind turbines, the project will provide clean power to nearly 20,000 American households. A service agreement was also signed for the project and will help ensure the reliability, availability and performance of the wind turbines.
A majority interest in the Windthorst-2 project was recently sold to a fund managed by BlackRock. OwnEnergy will maintain a minority ownership interest and manage its construction.
”We look forward to working with BlackRock and OwnEnergy on this project as they provide clean, renewable energy to the citizens of Texas,” says Mark Albenze, CEO of Siemens Energy’s Wind Power Americas business. “The equipment supplied by Siemens for this project will be manufactured in the U.S. by our skilled labor force in Iowa and Kansas. This order demonstrates that the production tax credit continues to provide and support manufacturing and constructions jobs in the U.S.” The project is expected to have a positive economic impact on the region by creating 95 to 125 temporary construction jobs and 5 to 7 long-term positions during the operation of the wind farm.
“We are excited to complete another great wind project, this time with BlackRock as our partner. We are particularly pleased to work with a leading turbine supplier like Siemens as we deploy our construction and asset management capabilities into Windthorst-2,” said OwnEnergy Founder and CEO Jacob Susman.Helping the turbines produce optimum power output and maximize availability, the service and maintenance agreement features Siemens’ innovative remote monitoring and diagnostic solutions. The collection of diagnostics data helps identify potential issues before they occur, allowing for a proactive service and maintenance approach.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV