LAS VEGAS, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Builders today require high performance building solutions that meet strict codes and embrace the concepts of energy efficiency, durability and building science. Owens Corning is committed to providing builders with the resources and solutions they require to be successful. As part of that commitment, Owens Corning will showcase its building science expertise throughout the 2014 International Builders' Show (IBS) – both in the Owens Corning booth P16 and through educational presentations for builders.
Builders are invited to attend High Performance Building Zone presentations and training sessions on high performance insulation solutions for framing, walls, roofs and basements. By attending these sessions, builders will learn first-hand from industry experts about the various aspects of high performance wall systems, best practices for achieving R-value in the building envelope, and the science behind insulation systems that work. Builders also are invited to visit the Owens Corning booth and view the company's energy-efficient ResidentialComplete™ Wall System and a new industry resource: the Builder's Guide eBook.
"Success to us means providing builders with best-in-class insight, resources and solutions to make their jobs easy," said Achilles Karagiozis, global director of building science with Owens Corning. "We are pleased to share the expertise of our building science team and to provide attendees with important building science knowledge."
High Performance Training for BuildersTo further educate builders on high performance insulation and wall systems, Owens Corning will host two educational sessions as part of its sponsorship of the High Performance Building Zone at Booth S2800. The sessions include:
- High Performance Walls – Expert builders Rick Arnold and Gord Cooke will host a live building demonstration titled, "Insulating for High Performance" from 10 – 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 5. Arnold and Cooke will install, explain and compare different types of high performance insulation options on both exterior and interior wall sections, including cavity insulation and rigid insulation applications. The presentation also will highlight the ever-advancing building codes, key insulation performance requirements and the effect added insulation has on condensation potential and water management.
- Science Behind Systems That Work – Dr. Achilles Karagiozis, who leads Owens Corning's building science team, will host a "Science Behind Systems That Work" presentation from 11 - 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 5. This educational session will address the many components necessary for a wall system to work, and the elements needed to gain maximum building performance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts