Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA ) today announced the appointment of Brent Shafer as Chief Executive Officer of Philips North America, the company’s single largest market. In his new role, Mr. Shafer will be responsible for strengthening Philips’ culture of entrepreneurship and growing revenue and market share in the United States and Canada. He will succeed Greg Sebasky, who retired from Philips on February 3, and he will report directly to Royal Philips’ CEO, Frans van Houten. Mr. Shafer previously served as CEO of Philips’ Home Healthcare Solutions business group.
“Given the size and the dynamics of the North American market, and the opportunities that we see, we are taking decisive actions to boost new business development and grow faster than the market,” said Frans van Houten, CEO of Royal Philips. “In Brent we have the right leader to do just that as he brings a strong track record, both within Philips and outside of the company, of building successful businesses based on entrepreneurship and meaningful innovations.”
With more than 21,500 employees and operations at 57 major facilities in 26 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces, Philips North America focuses on serving its customers by leveraging its portfolio in Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Mr. Shafer will work closely with the North American Healthcare team, which among others offers patient care solutions for the hospital and the home, the Consumer Lifestyle team, which brings to market Philips Sonicare and Philips AVENT, and the North American Lighting business, which partners with cities, schools and building owners to improve people’s public and private environments through the implementation of energy efficient and innovative lighting solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV