PETAH TIKVA, Israel, Feb. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today the availability of CellEdge, an integrated small cell over satellite solution designed specifically for unserved rural areas.
- Ability to deliver cost-effective 2G and 3G cellular services to unserved areas;
- 80W total average power draw including both the small cell and VSAT in a typical configuration, significantly lowering capital expenditures in the terminal and solar power generation;
- Optimization of satellite bandwidth via high efficiency algorithms and a set of efficient voice/data compression techniques that can reduce satellite OPEX by up to 80%.
- Sign up for a free introductory webinar, "Going Rural with Low OPEX – Small Cell over Satellite." The webinar will take place on February 12, 2014. In this session, mobile operators can learn how to overcome the cellular connectivity challenge in rural areas. To register, please go to: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/609451646
- Set a meeting with Gilat at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain, Feb.24-27, 2014 in Hall 5, Gilat stand 5F81. To save your place, please contact Mrs. Fiona Fincham, phone: +27 83 6808 162, Fionaf@gilat.com
- Visit www.gilat.com/small-cell