OTTAWA, Feb. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Validian Corp. (OTCQB:VLDI), first-to-market with next generation cyber security technology that provides secure access, transfer and storage of digital information on wired, wireless and mobile networks over the Internet, today is pleased to announce that it has entered into collaboration with a new channel partner for development of a secure Point-Of-Sale solution based on Validian's cyber security technology. The Company targets its release during Q3 2014.
Validian's new channel partner provides solutions to retail and hospitality industries. Both of these industries have been the subject of numerous successful cyber attacks over the past few months including those against Target, Nieman Marcus and a number of Marriott hotels, resulting in the theft of confidential credit cards, debit cards, PINs and personal information from more than 100 million accounts causing losses estimated in the billions of dollars. Reports in conjunction with the U.S. Secret Service have stated there are no current cyber security technologies capable of stopping these types of cyber attacks.
The Validian-enabled Point-Of-Sale solution will work seamlessly with current security solutions to prevent a number of points of cyber attack, by:
- encrypting data from point of inception (e.g. initial swiping of credit or debit cards) to secure storage, so that the data never travels in the clear before encryption or after decryption, including through memory, thereby preventing infecting malware from stealing unencrypted data at any point
- preventing hacking or improper access of repository applications that store, access or transfer confidential digital information
- dynamically changing cryptographic keys, thereby preventing theft of cryptographic keys, which are otherwise stored at, and stolen from, either the enterprise, one of the partners or the end -user device, and used for decryption of encrypted data, such as PINs, that is stolen by malware or hackers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV